Mission Vision Statement
At Hebrew Day Institute, we inspire Jewish children to embrace the knowledge and faith of their heritage. We embrace inclusiveness. We teach our students to become educated, committed, and ethical members of both their Jewish and American communities; we teach a love of Israel. We empower our students to learn and seek knowledge with confidence and enthusiasm within a challenging and supportive environment. Our school reaches out to our families, creating a partnership in faith and learning.
- We value each child's growth, education, and development, understanding that what we do in the school significantly impacts each student.
- We teach to each child’s strength and recognize that each child learns differently.
- We strive to realize the potential within each student taking into account their individuality and desire to grow.
- We value teachings and traditions of Judaism, taught within a framework of inclusiveness.
- We promote Jewish continuity for this and future generations. We accomplish this by teaching the fundamentals of Jewish learning, imprinting rich cultural experiences and memories, and embracing Israel.
- We create a safe environment where students take an active role in their learning; math, language arts, science, social studies, and Judaics are integrated with the arts and technology.
- We value and honor our teachers for their expertise, hard work, and devotion to our students and to our faith. They are the nurturers of academic excellence, spiritual growth, and character.
- We teach values which build character.
- Our students, teachers, and parents are partners; our success depends on all working together toward a common goal of building a strong community.
- A leading Jewish day school that imbues its students with love of Torah, Tikkun Olam, and Ahavat Yisrael; students demonstrate their understanding of these principles by participating in daily prayers, Shabbat and holiday celebrations, Judaic studies, mitzvot, and tzedakah.
- A center for innovation in General and Judaic studies, we provide an outstanding educational foundation in a state of the art facility where the arts, technology, and extra curricular activities infuse all aspects of our curriculum.
- Students are taught to think critically, to ask questions, independently making connections between their learning, the Torah, and the world around them.
- Our students are menschen and value one another as part of our school community.
- We seek to maintain the supportive climate and intimate culture of a small school, while increasing our enrollment.
- Students are guided to achieve their highest potential and are fully prepared to continue their education; our students graduate with the high likelihood of continuing their Jewish education and becoming integral members of the Jewish community.